Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Final ILLUXCON painting demo pics...

Some finished paintings from the demo. At right is a Tom Kidd/Michael Whelan work.

Matt Stewart started this rather cool dragon....and I added my own bits in...

Michael Whelan takes over and "Whelanizes" the piece!


This is my hand working on a piece Whelan started....




Here's me starting a "Turner Dragon"
All in all, lots of fun and always these demos give us the freedom to stretch ourselves and interact and watch how one style works off another and so on. It's a learning experience and really quite amazing and, it's done in all good humor and intent. There's no egos or nastiness involved, that would defy the whole point!!




6 Comments:

Blogger Julie Rodriguez Jones said...

Is that a leg or arm sticking out of the dino's mouth?

1:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol thats exactly what I was going to ask. I always thought of Bob's dinos as the kinder, gentler variety

dt

5:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahh I think I got it. maybe thats supposed to be sarah palins arm.... than again, he'd probably be spitting it out. too much make and accessories etc..

7:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

correction: that's make up and accessories

dt

7:31 PM  
Blogger Tom Kidd said...

Oh good, I never took a picture of that little painting. Now I have it. That was a fun day.

12:57 AM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Thanks all...yep, it was fun to do this. Alot of enjoyment was had.

Yep, that's an arm sticking out of the T Rex mouth. Michael's idea. And you thought I HAD a dark side?

7:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home