Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Friday, September 05, 2008

Next Lumley...


This is the US TOR Edition version for Brian Lumley's HARRY AND THE PIRATES. We wanted a "skull and cross bones" motif, which at first I was not sure of but it worked. I did a wholly other cover for the British version back in April. Did it in oils, and as always, it's nice to work with Brian again. This is sized 18x24.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Harry Koegh! How exciting!
Best cover art ever, should be in the Louvre and worshipped as far as I am concerned.

11:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the blue and gold on the skull. Really brings out the (can't believe I'm going to say this) gold maggetty things.

I can't wait to see your oils in the flesh one day!

2:12 AM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Jennifer-thanks! Look for it next year sometime in the Fall, I think!

Annie-thanks, yeah, Mari was the one who suggested some golds and even oranges on it. Worked out nice. The trick was to avoid the obvious "Pirates of The Caribbean" look which is a motif that became very popular.

8:28 AM  
Blogger Williaam Ferny said...

your covers are what caught my eye in the bookstores and got me to pick up my first Necroscope paperback years ago. this is the first time I saw the U.S. dition of Harry and the pirates can you tell us anything about the book?
thanks
Bill hollenbach






























/

4:54 PM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Bill-basically it's Harry Keogh with pirates. It's sort of a novella with two other stories from what I have gathered of it. The British edition comes out first in paperback next Spring with a different cover painting that I did.

7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home