Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Monday, July 28, 2008

Pictures in an Exhibition!



Here's the temporary home of the large painting that was returned to me. It's at The Art Corner in Salem Mass, in THEIR temporary home around the corner. Wendy is up and running well, again, and it's something to be happy for. Also, subordinate to the large painting, are several of my small paintings, and, along the bottom, some of Marianne's. All are for sale at varying prices, but the large one is quite a price, comtemplate accordingly on that one!!! We literally had no room or wallspace, so it might as well be up on display!

7 Comments:

Blogger Bierstadt said...

That big one is sick man, it looks like an Aivazovsky/Bierstadt combo! With a lot of Bob Eggleton of course! Looks great!

2:55 PM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Thanks! Aivazovsky is like a hero to me. I have his books, and he's just "The RUssian Turner" as I call him. THis was painted as my Dad was dying.

I plan ALOT more like this. It gets great responses!

3:22 PM  
Blogger Brett said...

Bob, I absolutely love your work. Especially the looser paintings found in the "du jour" work. I used to paint quite a bit but had put the paints away. You inspired me to pick them up again. Thanks!
If you want to see the result it's at my site (which I just decided to overhaul...) www.tadlockart.com
Thanks again for sharing your talent.

11:09 PM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Hey Brett, thanks. That means alot to me!!! And thanks for the vote of confidence on the "looser" work and glad I could inspire you!!

11:41 PM  
Blogger Brett said...

no, thank you.

quick question in regards to the "looser" style or more "painterly" style (or whatever :) )....

Where would you say your biggest influences come from in this regards?

I've already searched Aivazovsky and wow, cool work. It's sad but my Art History is just not bubbling to the surface...

12:08 AM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Brett-Thomas Cole is another, and ESPECIALLY JMW Turner. Still others are Albert Bierstadt, Fredric E Church, John Martin and George Inness. All masters and amazing artists!! Turner just troweled on colors. He is a major influence for me.

8:00 AM  
Blogger Bierstadt said...

Wow, thanks a lot for your comment Bob, really means a lot coming from you! The best swamp artist ever!

12:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home