Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Wednesday, July 09, 2008

When you feel like throwing it all in...

I get days that I wonder why I do what I do. Summer is hot, the world is in a terrible place, politicians are all liars, there really is nothing to look forward to...

Then I saw this. It's pretty amazing- "Where in The World is Matt Dancing?"

You have to see it to believe it. And, you realize that governments and politicians, the cause of most of the world's ills, fall asunder, to a simple dance:

http://youtube.com:80/watch?v=zlfKdbWwruY&feature=user

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hiya Bob,

If you think that's fun, check out the following: this gent Mike Long from Canada who made a video a day for a year of himself, dancing to varied sundry good tuneage. This is but a sample:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbrmiSjl0k&feature=related

Guaranteed to restore one's humanity-faith and put a big dopey grin on many a face...yours too?


Keep cool...
cheers from Fogtown,
Michael Heath

ps: Looking fwd. and hope to see your face in the place that is Denvention!

1:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

bob that was great!! watched them all at wherethehellismatt.com

dt

8:12 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That made me very, very happy. Thanks for sharing this. I immediately emailed it to my wife to guard against any sadness the day might bring. The Korean de-militarized zone part was hilarious.

Please come over to my blog, I'm talking about a charity that I'm part of that's happening at Pixar this fall-I did a pencil drawing for it and recalled what you said about pencil being a valid medium in it's self.

5:25 AM  
Blogger MManzieri said...

Bob, you shouldn't miss the "Matt Outtakes" on the Matt Harding website!

Thanks for your kind words in a previous post... but when I began my career you were already in my Hall of Fame! :-)

Have a nice period of deserved rest. Mine is going to begin in mid-August... we'll stay in touch!

Best, MM

7:50 AM  
Blogger Julie Rodriguez Jones said...

I've been Matt's fan for a few months now. Sure puts a lot of things into perspective.

4:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home