Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

From The Black Lagoon!!!

The Creature(9x12,oils SOLD)I did this one, more or less as a request from a good friend that lost out to another Creature I did back in the Fall. I'd told him I'd do a new one bigger for him, so before I even posted it, it was sold. It's also just by coincidence that I finished it on the day that Stan Winston left us. One of his big inspirations was The Creature from The Black Lagoon. Okay, hands up-who WASN'T amazed by this series of film? Anyone? Anyone? I thought so. My intention is to do more Universal monsters. Hey, it isn't just Godzilla you see.....

4 Comments:

Blogger Ken Mitchroney said...

Nice work Bob. It's always good to stretch a little bit. And if you go into withdrawal, You can always paint a destoyed Tokyo in the background.

12:09 PM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Thanks Kenny!! It's always good to hear from you. We should talk more!
I'm working with Big Bad John D on something that's a spec thing for both of us but we gotta get something cool going in our lives that's "ours" rather than be hired guns all the time.

Hey, I LOVE The Creature. As much as Godzilla. Almost.

12:13 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I really love this. Monster portraits have a tremendous appeal for me and when they're this good it's even better.

9:03 PM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Thanks Eric! Means alot. I used to do portraits 30 years ago and this became monster pictures later. The Universal monsters are the coolest anyway..so look for more!

9:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home