Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Point Me In The Direction of Albuquerque...

Okay, I liked The Partridge Family back in the day and ALWAYS wanted an excuse to say that.
I did, boarding the plane to Albuquerque, New Mexico where I am writing this from! The woman taking the tickets, by the way, acted sooooo like she'd never heard THAT one before!

This place looks amazing. It's the third leg of the trip, last week worked out great with the workshop and ceremony for the Illustrators of The Future contest in Los Angeles. It's good to be moving again.

I'm here for Bubonicon and will be seeing some cool scenery this week and doing the con toward the week's end.

Okay, sorry, you now have(I'm guessing) that SONG title buzzing around in your head.

3 Comments:

Blogger Chris Jouan said...

Ah... The Partridges. I've had a hankering to watch that show again. I had such a crush on Laurie.

Illustrators of the Future! I hope Ron and Val were doing well! It's been 10 years since I went but we still exchange e-mails every so often.

That was a great time.

7:16 PM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Did the workshop with Val and Ron. Still, first class folks!!! I love 'em. The contest has just done so much for writers and artists!

10:04 PM  
Blogger leslee said...

Huh. I don't know that song! Anyway, hope you're enjoying Albuquerque. I flew out there a couple of times some 10 years ago to visit a friend in Santa Fe. (Now thinking of a Van Morrison song about Santa Fe...) As a visual person, you must find it eye-popping - the skies in particular are incredible there.

6:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home