Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Friday, September 26, 2008

The New England Fan Experience!

This looks to be fun. I'm scheduled to be a Guest at a local(for me, Boston is VERY local) Sci Fi con called The New England Fan Experience. It seems to be several conventions in one. Guests include Lea Thompson, George Takei and astronaut Story Musgrave(who I actually know fairly well). Looks to be fun, weather, electorial and financial apocalypses withstanding. I'm not doing as many con appearances of late just because I'm busy and tired but, this looks to be alot of fun which is why I'll be there.

Their website is here: http://www.nefe.us/

Blogging for me may getting a little more sparse and spread out. Not sure how many people come back anymore and I'll admit the content and focus has changed. And it's getting busy and again, that middle-age tiredness sets in. So it will be more weekly than daily, I predict.

14 Comments:

Blogger Michael A. Burstein said...

No matter how sparse your blogging may be, I'll still be coming back to read...

8:44 AM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Thanks Michael. Not sure if this whole blogging thing is fad-like or what in the internet world. I know alot of people who have stopped and, a good deal of abandoned blogs.SOme of them are amazing. But they also require a ton of energy to keep up and I haven't had alot of that lately!

8:58 AM  
Blogger Michael A. Burstein said...

I don't think blogging will be a fad that disappears, but it'll definitely change what it means to blog as time goes on. (There's already a slight distinction between professional blogs and people writing online journals just to keep up with their friends.)

By the way, did you get an evite to the pub party for I Remember the Future? I wouldn't expect you to come to Boston for it, but you did do the cover and I wanted to make sure you knew you were invited. (Details can be found at http://mabfan.livejournal.com/392643.html)

9:11 AM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Didn't get the invite. But thanks!

I know I get alot of people saying I should "go over to LJ" because that's where all the fan interaction is. I was on a panel at Lunacon and I had some "explain" to me all the "evils" of Blogger and so on saying that alot of people jumped off it to LJ and others. I go to LJ and I see alot of fights too, which I am not into.

9:41 AM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

9:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bob: I also check out your blog (daily) including from work (don't tell management). I enjoy it very much. You are a very entertaining writer. One of your many talents. So yes you do have constant readers.
Geordie Howe

11:42 AM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Thanks Geordie! I won't tell either. It was great meeting you and Marianne in Denver. We had a great time, tho a long trip with two cons at either end I think I won't do in a hurry. Yep, I'll keep posting no matter what. After all it's fre communication here!

2:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I might never say anything, here, but I do check it out everyday also. I like seeing, and having an opportunity to purchase, the new art. Thanks for being here Bob. Ray Tolomeo.

7:21 PM  
Blogger Chris Jouan said...

However long it takes, I and enjoy reading what you're up to. I can't wait for another installment of "Things They Don't Teach You..."

This being a solitary profession, it's good to have even the limited connection.

We're listening!

8:29 PM  
Blogger Annalisa said...

I'm so relieved you've continued to blog. I am a big blog lurker (I'm actually shyer online than I am in life these days!) and read almost 100% of my blogs through RSS feeds. I was very sad at the thought of no more blog posts from you. I enjoy seeing your new work and reading your thoughts on art and traveling and illustration history very much.

5:55 PM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Hi Annalisa! Yeah. I'll continue to, I was just in a strange mood. Kind of the feeling you get when the world overwhlems you and you feel like you do not exist. But I got better. Thanks for the kind words!

6:03 PM  
Blogger Annalisa said...

Oh boy do I know those moods! I'm so glad you're back and feeling better. :-)

11:39 PM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Thanks Annalisa!

8:01 AM  
Blogger Michael A. Burstein said...

Bob, I found out why you didn't get an evite. Apparently, the address I had for you (with ids in it) bounced. I tried the address above and I also got a bounce. Could you send me an address I can use to invite you and Marianne to the publication party? If you can't find a current email for me, use TMMBurstein at mabfan dot com.

8:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home