Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Calling Your Attention to a Cool Book!

I got to spend some time with David Weber at this past Bubonicon in New Mexico where I shared being a Guest of Honor with him. By coincidence, his WORLDS OF WEBER "brick" book with my cover painting-a portrait of a "young"(read that 15-17) Honor Harrington-appeared around the same time. I chose a portrait because it seemed that "action" is better covered elsewhere in this context, and my instincts were right. Weber himself not only a great writer, but he's just a great guy, in fact his whole family are what I call genuine people.
He's created an real following with his work, and, while it's SF, the following tends to reach outside the genre.
Anyway, a bit of a plug ever so shamelessly, that this thick(trust me it's thick!) tome is available now from Subterranean Press: http://www.subterraneanpress.com/ and it's signed by Weber himself!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home