Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Sunday, June 21, 2009

The New Studio and Photography Set Ups...

Me in what was once my mom's living room...it has northern lighting and a cathedral ceiling! It'll get lots messier.

Our good friend Fran Paliotta setting up a shoot of some art for my upcoming dragon book. I did the step-by-step in one day, of this particular dragon and we found we needed to follow some very stringent rules on how the publisher wanted the art photographed.

Our "handmade" photo board, and a color chart(almost impossible to find in this day of digital art, no one "photographs" art anymore! Here you see stage 1 of the painting of this demo dragon...more to come tho, I can't show too much of the book as per agreement.



7 Comments:

Anonymous E.T. said...

I'm impressed that you have rugs on the floor when you're working with paint!

10:32 PM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

They're really cheap rugs, they look expensive, and they'll wind up trashed by the time I am through with them. If we sold the house we were told we'd have to spend money ANYWAY to rip up the carpets to expose the hardwood floors which are show the "stripped" down house. Less is better. So while we're keeping it why bother covering up rugs anyway?

10:44 PM  
Blogger Annalisa said...

Oh wow, what a lovely setup! How I miss having a room of my own to paint in. (My current "studio" is my parents' guest room. It's difficult to spread out with 2 twin beds in the room! I'm just grateful to have anything.)

Thank you immensely for showing us your photo board! It's true, with the huge crush of digital art it's rare for people to get all technical about photographing art anymore. And yet it's vitally important for traditional painters to learn how to do this. You are so generous in educating us newbies, Bob. :-)

10:56 PM  
Blogger Julie Rodriguez Jones said...

That's a nice big space.

10:48 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Bob I have had a really good time reading your articles today. say, do you have more Lovecraft work than the Mountains of Madness piece?

1:39 PM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

I have lots of Lovecraft work, and some based on it and offshoots of it such as Lumley's Mythos series.

2:15 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I like your photography studio and the set up,I enjoy reading it.

8:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home