Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Thursday, January 01, 2009

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2009!!!! FLY HIGH!!

This is a picture from Japan, it's called the Zeppelin NT. On New Years in Japan there is apparently a singing contest aboard the gondola and they sing out the old year and in the new one. Sounds pretty cool to me. This photo was taken by my good friends Ikkie and Shoji Hasegawa from their home in Tokyo.
It reminds me to reach for great heights in this new year. It reminds me we are all on one planet-no "us" and "them", it's "WE". Change is in the air. We have a new, energetic President-Barack Obama-and, this is something to look forward to. 2008 was a terrible year, for almost everyone on the planet. We bid goodbye to it, and let it go. We may have felt the pinch in different ways but we all felt it. Personally, we gave happily to some charities because I believe in Karma and what goes around, comes around. I feel some optimism, we need it. So here's to this New Year. May it be a better year for everyone on Planet Earth.
And I promise more small works here, this year was a busy year for me!
Oh, quick note-I'm now on Facebook, if you know the link, I'm easy to find!! Yet something else to keep up on. Ah the internet is so much fun!

2 Comments:

Blogger thebonebreaker said...

Well said Bob!!

Happy New Year to you ~ may it be your best one yet!

9:53 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Happy New Year Bob! Wishing you a lot more success this year and good things!

9:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home