Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Friday, December 12, 2008

The Sea Monsters that keep going and going and...





After ten years, this book is *still* selling. A long story- it was originally made as a Paper Tiger book in 1998, and had a totally different cover. It didn't sell well in the UK but the US edition sold something like 20,000 copies!! Because of the way co-publishing deals work, I didn't see any royalties from the Overlook Press edition. Until now! The UK edition is long out of print and Overlook re-published the book in 2006/7 and, apparently, it still keeps on selling. I can't tell you how much usage the images have gotten(The Discovery Channel site has just asked to use an image) and the painting of "The Kraken" has sold as a print too many times for me to keep track of and been used in two museum displays!! So, if you are looking for a Christmas Pressie idea, here you go! The best way to get them is via Amazon, or order them from Barnes and Noble. Here's the Amazon link: http://www.amazon.com/Book-Sea-Monsters-Bob-Eggleton/dp/1585677604/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1229108661&sr=8-1

4 Comments:

Blogger thebonebreaker said...

Very Cool!

1:18 PM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Thanks!

5:20 PM  
Blogger Apotheosis said...

Hello
I bought that book years ago in the UK, the paper tiger edition and I still believe it is a collection of some of your best work. I think it was one of my first in the now expanding collection of art and illustration books, and quite frankly, still one of my favorites.

6:35 AM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Apothesis-thanks!!! The UK edition is OOP now, but, the US one still trucks on. I'm thinking of trying to do something to expand this book idea-like The Sea Mysteries overall, as well!

8:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home