Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Bone-chiller

It went from temps, last weekend approaching the 70's to a bone-chilling high of 31-with wind chills that apparently brought it down to the teens, within two days. Seems a mid-winter type cold wave has moved in and is hanging around the New England area at least until next week. I hate this kind of cold.

Going off to Boston this weekend for NEFE-The New England Fan Experience which I am to talk about Godzilla, SF, and sit and paint at a table. This is the last "con" appearance for the year and I for one, am jumping for joy at this prospect. I'm exhausted and kind of fed up of travelling and running around for this year.

Still have plenty of things to do, which I think is a good thing these days.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jimmy Simpson said...

This is why I like Texas. Our LOW temp was 32° this morning.

8:42 AM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Truly this is unusual for here. Normal temps are in the mid to high 40's about now.This is mid-January weather. In fact it's going to "warm up" to that in about a week or so, so they say.

8:51 AM  
Blogger Annalisa said...

It's 36 degrees here in Richmond but it sure feels a lot colder! There are some high, blustery winds making it feel even worse. I am already reminded of why I hate winter so much. My two top reasons are how cold the bare wood floors are and how the tap water is like fresh-melted ice. Grrrr.

At IlluXCon I was looking at your display and wondered how much time and effort it took to wrap the artwork safely, transport it, and hang it. I imagine lots. I've had limited experiences transporting my artwork and I hated them. I had these big, expensive frames that dented horribly at the slightest touch and it was a big waste of money. Do you have any tips for selecting sturdier frames? The woman at the frame shop who I complained to said I should've chosen metal ones (I had some kind of painted wood).

Have a great time in Boston despite the cold weather and such! It sounds like you'll be with a bunch of kindred spirits, which always warms the heart.

6:15 PM  
Blogger Jim Belfiore said...

Have a blast (well a cold one I guess, tonight's temps up here are about 13 degrees)!

Speaking of blasts, caught one from the past last night - the 1959 pilot of "Destination Space" - forgot that was a Joe Pevney work, and Ed Platt (with hair!) was one of the supporting characters. Yowza.

Travel safe, talk to you guys when you get back.


All the best!

8:17 PM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Annalisa-yeah,I banged a frame good coming back and re-hanging the painting in my home!! Expensive frame too and I binked it. That's par for the course. We are all furniture movers in the end. Some frames hold up better than the rest I find. Metal ones are indeed best for transit. I would also use plexiglas sometimes instead of real smashable glass. Yeah, it scratches up badly but the buyer can change the glass and most always, they do anyway. Plexi aloso protects it because it takes a bit to really smash it.

12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home