Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Thursday, September 04, 2008

"Paying The Devil His Due...."

Sick of politics? I am. People who like to hear themselves talk about "God" and not deliver on one promise that goes beyond vacuous "belief in belief".

Well, here's a promise that is delivered on, screw the politicians and bury yourself in a bookazine you will LOVE and you can get it NOW:

IMAGINE FX-FANTASY ART EXHIBITION VOL 2

Just out in the US anyway, is the collection from the best of IMAGINE FX, a mag I contribute to on a regular basis. I couldn't get a picture of the cover but it's a thick tome and retails for about $26.00...it's called a "Bookazine" or in Japan, a "Mook". Anyway, it has a nice interview with me, and if you like, you can read the whole thing at the below link. But the book is worth getting- available at most Borders and Barnes & Noble as it has a wealth of great info and tips for artists to improve skills!!! And portfolios of some of the very best-Don Maitz, Fred Gambino,Daniel Dociu, Dave McKean and many more!

Here's the interview-enjoy!

http://www.imaginefx.com/02287754331526383232/bob-eggleton.html

4 Comments:

Blogger David B. Ellis said...

Speaking of art books, isn't it about time for a new book of Eggleton illustrations? I have ALIEN HORIZONS and GREETINGS FROM EARTH and I'd love to see a collection of the best of your work since the switch to oils.

1:13 AM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Probably will not happen. The days of "art" books are pretty much gone as they don't sell. Publishing really changed in the last five years, however, that said, I have signed to do a new "How To" workshop book called THE ULTIMATE DRAGON WORKSHOP, which will be from David and Charles/Impact books in the US and UK respectively.

7:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*Snort* We're in Australia and even WE'RE sick of your politicians. Actually not as much sick of them as downright terrified of them.. Especially *that* woman. Be afraid, be very afraid. Ah Mccain you've done it again...

2:08 AM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

I can't even think about it. The woman is, sheer evil in a way that's hard to even describe. And we know why, they wanted to attract the Bible wingnuts(as opposed to just realistic Christians)...my guts crunch up at her very name which sucks considering one of the Python's has the same name.

8:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home