Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Saturday, September 20, 2008

PAINTINGS!!! Finally!!!

English Dusk (8x10, oils SOLD)English Landscape(oils, 8x10, $110)
Well. I'm back to doing some paintings. I did a stack. Isn't this why I started this blog? As usual, my wandering attention and busy schedule throw me off. But as a bit of inspiration and, focus, I went back and did a stack of paintings. The reality is these are created for a show in Salem Mass coming up in Oct but, I wanted to "preview" them here if anyone wants them. One of the things I love about the English landscape is something Constable and Turner found-the lighting. At dusk there is almost this russet lighting, the likes of which aren't found anywhere else. Perhaps it's a combination of the type of trees and the landscape and such, which is alot of farmland. Anyway, it's always something that inspires me no end.

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

These are gorgeous, Bob. I was always a big fan of Constable. Have only been to the English countryside once, but it does look like that. Constable and Thomas Hardy.

11:51 AM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Thanks Leslee! I LOVE doing these. I mean, yeah, I love the sci fi but God knows I drop to my knees at the sight of a COnstable, Hardy or Turner. The mood and lighting and way they saw the landscape was dreamlike. WHen I got back to them I realized how much I missed them.

12:05 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow! I'm just blown away by these! Your range is amazing, I'm convinced you can express anything with a brush. Love these compositions. You can really feel the atmosphere and the wind.

9:46 AM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Thanks Eric!! I really enjoy doing these and they're fun and quick to do. Most take half an hour to maybe an hour tops.

9:59 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Heh. I was actually thinking of Hardy the writer - didn't realize that there was a painter, too! I think I read Hardy's novels picturing them painted by Constable. :-)

2:18 PM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Oops! Wrong HArdy. But I know what you mean. British landscapes have this wonderful "autumnal" feel to them and are great this time of year.

2:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home