Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Wall-e and, days of rest...

I saw WALL-E and it has to be perhaps my favorite animated film of this kind. One of the BEST sci-fi messages on alot of levels. It sums up that, we should not be so dependent on "technology" because in the end, it makes us lazy. And that, while space travel for long periods, is a nice Star Trek fantasy, it perhaps is just that-the reality is we'll just become fat, boneless blobs waited on hand and foot by technology that in the end, is the master. Humans were made for earth either by a series of accidents or, a Creator who as a cosmic intelligence, set things in motion(I tend to believe the latter) like evolution. The statement it makes is that earth is a pretty good planet and we'd better take care of it and not destroy it with pollution, global warming and so on, and then abandon it(as is the situation we find poor Wall-e in charge of) with trash, from this big-boxmart corporate throwaway culture.

The end credits are worth the whole film alone. I won't say what they are based around. But it made me misty-eyed. Really.

Irene Gallo also has some nice words for the film AND some rare covers by one of my favorite artists of the 50's and 60's, Mel Hunter and his robots: http://igallo.blogspot.com/2008/07/random-late-night-wall-eizing.html

Beyond that, I'm resting abit watching some DVD movies, staying cool. And exercising(if there is one thing WALL-E did is that it made me do some extra laps on the treadmill) because nothing really pressing is due at present.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A happy Pixar employee here, Bob. Very happy you enjoyed the end credits. I've been enjoying your paintings lately!

11:29 AM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

WHOA! Pixar! I'm not worthy! I'm not worthy!! No just kidding! Thanks for stopping in! Made my day!!! WALL-E is another "see it again in the theater" films! Loved it!!!

11:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home