Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Saturday, January 20, 2007

Rumbling....

Eruption(9x12, oil, SOLD!)
I love those Hudson River guys. They did imaginative, romantic landscapes. So this is another such imaginative volcano. Somehow they always look better when you paint them how they SHOULD look. I did once fly over a volcano in HAwaii in a helicopter and, it was fairly impressive-just a seething, steaming area of the planet that was renewing itself. Little paintings like these serve to make me want to do larger versions of same. I'm doing a large private commission with a volcano in it, so I'm looking forward to that. I did this in about, I'd say 90 minutes. I usually try to keep these paintings under an hour but this one got the better of me, so what can I say?

2 Comments:

Blogger Tessa said...

It looks great. I particularly like how lush the green looks.

I often wonder if real volcanoes are less impressive if only because they get in their own way. All that smoke.

8:08 PM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Thanks Tessa! It's freezing on this side of the world, so fiery pix are warming. Yes,I have always liked "movie volcanoes" and kind of romantic visions. Though I do have some impressive pictures of volcanoes, and having flown into the heart of one...I would not dare tell it it was "un-impressive" to it's face. Or vent, as it were!

9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home