Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Sunday, May 25, 2008

The Art Corner,INDY 4 and other housekeeping.

Just a quick post. The Art Corner, the framing/gallery that I posted about back at the end of April having suffered a severe fire, is coming back thanks to the hard work of Wendy and Chuck and, support from the community. They got a new temp(at least) space and have re-done alot of it over. The best thing is to take a look....http://theartcorner.blogspot.com/

In other news....saw INDIANA JONES AND THE KINGDOM OF THE CRYSTAL SKULL and loved it. It's a great fourth -and possibly final-installment in the series which last saw the screen in 1989!! It's like a big, 1950's Sci Fi film...lots of cliches, lots of impossible stuff...lots of nostalgia but that's what we love isn't it? Films like this are fun-ditto IRON MAN, PRINCE CASPIAN, SPEED RACER and, a film that was released for only two days this past week, DEATH NOTE-a Japanese film by director Shusuke Kaneko that's quite something to see.

A tip of the hat to an author I knew well, Robert Asprin, who died literally, with a science fiction book in his hands whilst on his sofa waiting to be picked up to be flown to Marcon this weekend where he was to be Guest of Honor. No cause is known, only what appears to be a sudden death.

Posts will be sparse this week as it's going to be a busy busy time. Things become clearer in June, so, hang tight. I'll try to put something up this coming week.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jim Belfiore said...

We saw it and found ourselves laughing when most others weren't, probably because of age. Like the very first shot (pre-CG logo dissolving into the classic mountain shot of the franchise, but with a twist). Also, the minute we saw that quaint little village in the Nevada dessert, we knew what was coming, but no one understood us laughing at the shots between the very tidy vs. unkept cottages.

It was a good romp, worth seeing on the big screen.

8:48 AM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

I want to see it again. It was pretty amazing. Him surviving in the fridge thrown by the blast, and then, standing there absorbing all those rentgens of rads...THAT was a stretch but, Indy is invincible. As I pointed out to someone the A bombs of that day were alot less megatonish than what we have now

9:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home