Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Tuesday, February 03, 2009

A Happy Day

This is a picture of my Mother with me. On my wedding day in 1998(my beard is alot more grey now!). What happy day and perfect picture this is. I smile when I see it more than anything now. What a nice feeling I will carry with me always.
Thank you to all the good thoughts and kind words. It's a weird week. We're having a memorial for her on Saturday at 3pm at the Quinn Funeral Home, in Warwick, RI on Warwick Ave(of course). Feel free to stop in.

12 Comments:

Blogger Annalisa said...

I'm so sorry to read about your mother's sudden passing. What a shock it must have been, and must still be. It's a real tribute to your spirit that you can look back on this picture of you and your mom and smile.

Once I asked my father if he was sad when he thought of his father, who died a few years before I was born. He considered for a few moments then answered, "No, I'm not sad. I wish he could be here, but when I think of him, I smile."

I think those of us who are close to our parents are so blessed, even when the parting is so painful. My thoughts are with you in this terribly difficult time.

1:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your Mom, Bob. I lost my Dad last March, also suddenly, but he did have a rather hard time of it the last couple of years. Somehow, I think if I have to go, I'd rather take my leave the way your mother did than did my own Dad. Quick, with a minimum of fuss. No matter how it happens, it always hurts like hell for those of us left behind. All you end up thinking about is how much you're going to miss them.

But Mom's are magical.

Your Mother brought you into the world, and look at how many beautiful things are being created by you...

4:49 PM  
Blogger kerrichu said...

I was so sorry to hear about your mom's passing. I grew up 3 houses down from your parents, and your mom was always wonderful. I still remember your father's snow sculptures! The last time I saw your mom was last summer, and she was kind, as always. She was outside talking to Diane next door, and kept talking about how proud she was of you and your work.

I'm hoping to make it to the memorial, but if I can't, I wanted to pass along my condolences. I'm glad I found this blog.

~Kerri Baggesen

6:58 PM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Annalisa, thanks much. It is the only way I CAN remember her! I'm going through her writing and it's amazing. I'd love to get it published.

7:57 PM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Joe-thanks! Means alot. There are no regrets, really. Just good feelings.

7:58 PM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Kerri-Hiya! Wow. Yeah, Dad's sculptures were amazing. I remember he did a middle finger and people got upset.

We'd love to see you at the Memorial!

7:59 PM  
Blogger Mair said...

Truly sorry for your loss...the love of a parent has no equal.

7:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Darling Bob,

I just checked in on your blog and found this post. I am so very sorry for your loss. Please take care of yourself and Mare.

Marinade in the joy of your Mother's life.

Big hugs from across the pond from Peter, the kids and I.

6:37 AM  
Blogger leslee said...

Great photo of you two. You were blessed.

8:54 PM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Leslee-It went fantastic. The whole ceremony, just great. All we got were compliments.

11:01 PM  
Blogger leslee said...

That's so great. The memorial service for my mom went great, too. Everyone was pleased (even my impossible brother). It feels good to have given her a good memorial - I'm still very happy about it, a year and a half later. Glad it went well for you, too.

6:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Deep condolences on your loss, Bob. Thinking positive thoughts and vibes from FogTown...

8:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home