Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Welcome to...The Night Gallery....

It's positively weird I mentioned Night Gallery in my last post!! I walked into a store to see Season 2 just recently out and immediately I grabbed a copy-it's *only* been four years since Season one!!. It's got some of the best episodes of the series on it such as the eerie "The Boy Who Predicted Earthquakes" and several H.P. Lovecraft stories on it including the moody "Pickman's Model"with the horrific monster suit - done by a young Rick Baker- for it. The best part are Rod Serling's introductions for each episode, in which are based on a painting or sculpture, that he's standing with. In this case, an extra of the set is a gallery of Tom Wright's unforgettable paintings he did for the show. Those paintings, are collectively, the very reason I got into some of the horror and darker art I've done over the years. I never forgot them having first seem them 35 or so years ago. This stuff is alot of fun. And the set makes a great Christmas gift!!
Here's a link that shows most of the Tom Wright paintings, and explains a little of the history of the show as well. Interestingly, Tom Wright went on to direct The X-Files, Millenium and other shows. But this is interesting reading: http://www.nightgallery.net/index.html?title.html&0

2 Comments:

Blogger thebonebreaker said...

Good News!
I was not aware Season 2 had been released. . .

Thanks for sharing!

12:48 PM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

That made two of us! I saw it on the shelf and could not believe my eyes, to be very honest! But I assure you, the wait is worth it!

12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home