Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

JAPAN BLOG: Turning Japanese, I really think so!!!

Still more pix from Yokohama!!!The aftermath...

Me..contemplating....


Michael Whelan and I "confer"...."ABOUT WHAT?" You ask! Only the Japanese there know!!! All photos courtesy of Michael Whelan and family...

4 Comments:

Blogger Roger said...

"Turning Japanese" is a metaphor for masturbation, you know.

8:08 PM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Well, when you are given canvases to paint anything you want, sheer self indulgence, and tubes of paint are being squeezed right and left and...well, there you go....not the first time art has been compared to that!

3:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Bob!

I am soooo envious. Looks like you guys had a fantastic time. I've always thought you, me, and Kato, kinda paint with a similar touch...and now I know it!

Nick-san.

5:49 PM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

KAto is jaw-droppingly good. Wait'll you see the painted sketch he did for me in his NEW art book I bought!

6:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home