Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Saturday, August 18, 2007

Drawings...now finished paintings!


Here are the two finished paintings, for covers, from the drawings posted earlier in the week. They came out fairly happy for me, quite large in oils...top is Hunter's Run and the bottom, Dagon from THE TAINT by Brian Lumley. On Hunter's Run, I made a homage to King Kong with that log-across-the-gorge scene. Could not resist. Creates a feeling of tension in the scene...will our heroes be trapped when the Chubacabra attacks? Or will it wait to attack them later? Makes us want to read the book. Also, you'll note in both pieces, I tip more than my hat to the great Hudson River painters I enjoy...
I'll probably be back to paintings-a-day in the Fall sometime. It has been one VERY busy summer, and as I said, this is my painting AND project blog...and the projects lately have been many!

2 Comments:

Blogger Adam M Botsford said...

I'm in awe of who much art you put out! It's astonishing.

9:58 AM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Thanks Adam!! Always nice to hear from you and your kind words!!

9:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home