Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

JAPAN BLOG:Found...in Translation!!!

MORE FROM JAPAN-the LIVE painting!
The above painting sold for $16,000-done by Kato and Me. Kato's figure(I started it) is tremendous and has to be seen in person. Sales of the paintings went for benefit, none of us made anything off it save for some good Karma!

A selection of the paintings. The top one was started by Michael Whelan and finished by me. Bottom was my own Godzilla...(sold for $2000)

Michael Whelan(left) and me(right). Japanese art enthusiast and, friend to both Whelan and me, Yasuo Kawai beams on. It's thanks largely to him and Hicaru Tanaka this whole thing came off.


Here's me-looking a tad fat, working on Kato's painting which, Whelan had just finished with! Our knees were killing us after four hours!!!! Don't worry!!!! Lots more photos to come of the Worldcon, Japan, Amano and so on all week! If I showed everyone everything at once....then what fun would that be? All these photos courtesy of Ikkie Hasegawa, with her husband Shoji, two of my very best friends in Japan. Thanks Ikkie!!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Julie Rodriguez Jones said...

Holy moly. $16K for one painting. That is wonderful. I'm guessing you did quite well overall. Congratulations.

12:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow that is quite the nice finished painting! I love the overall dark style. And very nice that the proceeds were donated by you two.

7:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home