Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Thursday, June 21, 2007

When The Moon is In the Seventh House...

SOLSTICE- the northern hemisphere has moved closest to the sun. And I just finished the cover to Jim Kelly's new collection from Golden Gryphon. This one is "Wreck of The Godspeed". I decided to go with a nice astrological piece....I love how the nebulae on the back came out. All it all pretty much came out to the way the concept in my head was....

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OOOOH!

9:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, very nice Bob! I love the lighting from the ship's engine and galaxy on the woman's face.

I also like the delicate way she emerges from the nebulae -- a cool blend of fantsy and sci-fi imagery. Dig the palette!

JOhn

12:51 PM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Thanks John! I got the ultimate thumbs up. The author wants to change the title of the book to the title of the story I picked to do! He loves it!
He's a great Hugo winning writer..

1:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is absolutely gorgeous!

1:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home