Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

I know how this guy feels!!!

The Fat Squirrel(9x12,oils,SOLD!)This is based on a photo taken by a friend, from MAine of a squirrel that sat on the railing of their home. You can tell this guy lives by the credo "Gather ye acorns" and he has. He's a fat squirrel!!! Anyway, I wanted to challenge myself in an hour, to do a squirrel as best I could. Seems to have worked. The fur was a challenge, so many artists render fur hair by hair, and in oils, fast, you have to look for the patterns that make the coat of fur up. It's gone freezing cold here, again, so I envy this squirrel and his fur coat. First wildlife piece in awhile....if you don't count mammoths.

8 Comments:

Blogger leslee said...

"I envy this squirrel and his fur coat." Yes, but he's *outside* in that cold! All that fat and fur at least has a purpose - for squirrels! ;-)

1:44 PM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

No kidding! When I was painting him something seemed off..and it turned out it was...he was fat!!

5:38 PM  
Blogger Jim Belfiore said...

The red squirrels this year aren't exactly rail thin either. We've been treated to a few "slow-motion high-speed" chase scenes when the greys invade the reds' nut houses.

Looks great, Bob!

7:28 AM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

9:18 AM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Thanks Jim. I guess the acorn crop was plentiful this year, huh?

9:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice squirrel Bob! Miss the plump little brown critters. In Florida they all look anorexic compared to that one.
You know, he might look real good sitting in front of a castle running away from a dragon!

dave t

7:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wups, that's "grey" critters

7:59 PM  
Blogger Lou Anders said...

More squirrels! More!

10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home