Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Friday, December 22, 2006

Summer...six months away

The Cove (5x10,oils $100)I miss Green. Not Christmas green, but...leaf green. The overall green you see in summer. Everything is kind of bare and brown(and depending where you are cold). I did this 6x12 painting last summer, in Jamestown, RI. Done in a half-hour session, plein air by the water. Looking back on it, it came out rather...Edward Hopper-esque. There was a bit of humidity at the time, hence the more opaque background. When I go to paint outside all the interesting clouds disappear. Oh well, you get what you get. I've been kinda busy with holiday preparations, so I am using one of my "backlog" images". Besides, it's nice to think of warm summer again. A bit of background on this area-it was badly destroyed by the Hurricane of '38 and some "then and now" pictures are fairly stark in contrast.

4 Comments:

Blogger Lou Anders said...

Beatiful.
Now, a question (and no means a criticism).

10 paintings and so far no people.
Are they harder to paint in the time constraint? Of less interest/learning value to the experience? Simply not a preference?

5:33 PM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Ahh..that is to come. RIght now, these 'scapes and objects hold still for me, more or less. People, are coming...

5:48 PM  
Blogger Lou Anders said...

I look forward.
Which does not imply that I am not enthralled with what has already been posted.

6:01 PM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Possibly a self portrait(!!) and most likely a study of a gal I am using in a fantasy painting, a larger piece.

6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home