Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Monday, December 25, 2006

"And so this is Christmas..."

Christmas Balls(8x10 oils, $100)

....And this is what I've done. For Christmas or whatever holiday you care to celebrate. The idea of a Christmas "tree" with ornaments and such, came from Pagan origins, and it's sort of been handed down since then, and that's pretty cool in my book. I did this little 6x8 painting, in one hour sitting, and if you look closely, I wound up with a bit of a self-portrait! Anyway, enjoy, eat, drink and merry-make like there is no tommorrow!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful! Merry Christmas Bob!

11:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Christmas trees and ornaments = Awesome!

Happy Holidays!

10:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Holidays, Bob.
I'm sorry I didn't log on yesterday.

2:18 PM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

Hey youse guys!!! Happy Holidays back! Thanks on the kind words Irene. These little paintings are all helping to "center" me as strange as that sounds.

2:32 PM  
Blogger Sahi said...

This is so awesome! I love the metallic look and the reflection!

12:43 PM  
Blogger leslee said...

Very nice. You know, if you spent a bit more time you could be a real artist. (kidding!!) Happy holidays!

8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home