Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

THE MANGLED SKYSCRAPER AWARD!!!



This is a pretty special award I got this past weekend from The Godzilla Society of North America and GFAN Magazine. The Mangled Skyscraper Award, designed by SPFX model maker Gene Rizzardi, is given to people having made significant contributions to the Godzilla/Kaiju Eiga genre. Top to bottom, me with the award, with publisher and pal J.D. Lees, the award at home next to Godzilla which seems appropriate in the picture and myself with past Toho SPFX director Koichi Kawakita and Robert Scott Field, actor in several  movies, ads and TV shows in Japan including GODZILLA VS KING GHIDORAH(1991). 

This award emotionally moved me like no other I have received because it makes the circle full, Kaiju Eiga is what inspired me in the first place to get into the sci fi biz. I also got a standing ovation at the reception and was also given some wonderful heartfelt words by pals Jeff Horne, John DeSentis and Stan Hyde. I can only say thank you eternally.

2 Comments:

Blogger Les said...

Hey, congratulations, Bob! Such a cool award!

5:16 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hello Bob. Len Medlock here--I photograph G-Fest for JD and want to send you photos I took of your award. Congratulations!

Here are some links:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/lmedlock/14693532342/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lmedlock/14507138530/in/photostream/

Kind regards,
Len Medlock

7:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home