Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Saturday, May 14, 2011

The Famous Monsters of My Monster World!

Famous Monsters #256 "Monster World" special Kaiju issue.


It's been awhile since a post. Been a VERY busy April, but again another milestone with my career. In 1966 my Dad bought me an issue of MONSTER WORLD with The Addams Family on the cover. It was my first "monster book". After that came Famous Monsters that I collected avidly, and their Issue #114 which was "All of Japan's Monsters". Here we are years later and I was able to do the cover art to the upcoming Subscriber and Diamond Comics variant issue. On this, we decided Godzilla, Ultraman and Goldar(from Space Giants) represented the most recognizable monsters and giant superheroes from Japan. This is an amazing thing to see this actual issue with my cover art. If you click on the header it will take you to the site you can order an issue sent right to you!

As a bonus, I wrote an article inside called "Godzilla & Me" about my lifelong fascination with The King of Monsters and where he has taken me...


Promise-more posts soon!



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely cover! And very nostalgic for me, too. Ultraman, Space Giants and Johnny Sokko & His Giant Robot were on TV in the afternoons at the beginning of the 70s when I was just the right age to devour every episode. Likely the start of my lifelong fascination with monsters...

Regards, DavidK

9:39 PM  
Blogger The Dweller said...

Just picked it up - NICE cover. Kudos.

2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home