Bob's ART du Jour

Hi, I'm Bob Eggleton and this is my painting and "life in general blog" but mostly paintings. Usually they're for sale. Anyway, if you like something contact me at zillabob@cox.net and ENJOY!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

I am a Hugo award-winning fantasy/SF artist who works on both publishing projects and film concept work(such as Jimmy Neutron and most recently, The Ant Bully) but I have a passion for landscape work, small paintings and exploring the properties of paint. This blog will mostly showcase my "painting-for-the-day" as kind of a personal voyage. I'll also be inserting sketches,photos and ideas of projects I am working on, that I can, when I can, so look for those every so often(usually as paint is drying!)

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

SF Mindmeld

It's been a draining and busy week with finishing up a major project. Hence no new posts.

Anyway, for your perusal, here's the site SF Mindmeld where I did a summation of my Year's Best SF/Fantasy/Horror films. You have to scroll down abit:

http://www.sfsignal.com/archives/007525.html

I'll have a step-by-step process coming up in a day or so for you to see as I paint something.

3 Comments:

Blogger thebonebreaker said...

Nice list Bob! :-)

I have to disagree on the best Horror - for me, that goes to The Midnight Meat Train, hands-down!

I agree with Speed Racer and Iron Man, and I am glad to see that someone else actually enjoyed Kingdom of the Crystal Skull [I thought I was the only one!]

Death Note is in my Netflix Queue - that movie looks great - glad to hear it is.

12:21 PM  
Blogger Bob Eggleton (Zillabob) said...

MIDNITE MEAT TRAIN-saw a ton of trailers for it but it never came here!! It's directed BTW by Ryuhei Kitamura who did GODZILLA FINAL WARS.

INDY 4- Yeah this got alot of bad word of mouth, yet, fairly good reviews overall. I think alot of people held it against him he was older.

12:43 PM  
Blogger thebonebreaker said...

Yes, Kitamura did an outstanding job with Barker's story!

Look for it on DVD, on Feb 17th!

I think the issue with most people [that I know anyway] with Indy 4 was the sci-fi element to it [which I loved!]

1:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home